7 ways Google+ Makes sense for your SEO
Google+ has thus far not been taken very seriously by businesses aiming to market their products and services. This is rapidly changing! Google+ has positioned itself nicely to challenge Facebook as a major social network for business. Websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and over 925,000 people join Google+ each day! Combine all the functionality of your Google account, and big search engine benefits, you’ve got something we can get excited about.
Seven Tips for Utilizing Your Google+ Page
Here are seven techniques for getting your Google+ page to help your business.
- Complete your Google+ profile – Give this a bit of thought as you do it. Use interesting photos and images, and be sure you link out to your other social media accounts.
- List your contact info – Include hours of operation, your contact details, along with maps and directions.
- Link to your blog or site – Be sure to link to your main business blog or site. This will result in added traffic plus a great link.
- Create a business page – Showcase your business where it matters. This has direct benefits for search engine results and for people who find you on Google+.
- Link out to your content –Doing this will have a number of benefits, first of all getting them indexed nearly instantly, and also a number of other search engine advantages. You can even use your Google+ page to make posts, including multimedia that can link out to your content elsewhere.
- Utilize Direct Connect – Utilize this feature in Google+ to let visitors to add you to circles whenever they find you in search. Think of this as a Facebook “Like”.
- Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts – Whenever you hold a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and supplies you with the recording via email. You can then upload to YouTube if you want, or use it on your website or in private. One excellent strategy to use these is to create impromptu product demos.
This is only the beginning of what’s possible with Google+. To see more methods along with a very cool infographic on the subject see this post on CopyBlogger.
Grab your free Google+ Local ebook with detailed instructions to get the most out of Google Plus Local.
Don’t forgot that we can help you optimize your Google+ Local page with our local search ranking services